Tuesday 5 June 2012

Having A Blast

Hope you are all having a fabulous week.  It has been raining here since the weekend so most of our activities had been indoors.  I had a nice surprise birthday lunch (and bowling afterwards) given by what I call my “sporty friends”.  While I have my crafty friends who keep me creative, I also have my sporty friends who keep me young and active.  They are our badminton, golf and bowling buddies.  There may be a few poker games here and there as well (wink, wink).
One of the things we love to do on rainy days is visit the Ontario Science Centre.  DD always has a great time at their KidSpark section. We can spend the whole afternoon there trying out the many interesting activities in this $47 million innovative site. 
Here is a layout I made on one of our visits there last April.  She has a thing for making faces.  And so, she naturally gravitated to this rotating image of a boy showing different emotions. 

I used October Afternoon’s pattern paper and sticker embellishments (OA is one of my favorite companies for pattern paper!), Lifestyle Craft’s Ring Master alpha dies and Papertrey’s Half and Half die and buttons.  The brad is from The Girls Paperie.

My scrapbooking style is ever evolving.  My current style seems to be clean and simple with some splash of fun elements here and there.  Here is a close up of my fun element for this layout…


Here is another layout of her dancing in a dark studio that projects a kaleidoscope of constantly changing images to replicate one’s body movements.  She loves dancing.  And seeing how her movements generate various cool patterns is a real bonus.  Totally in her element here…


And then a close up of the fun elements…


I used Papertrey dies (Tag Sale #3, Beautiful Blooms II #2), felt (Hawaiian shores) and button.  The paper for the tag is from an old SU collection and the stickers and pattern paper are from MME’s This and That collection and Echo Park’s Happy Days collection.

Thanks for looking!



4 comments:

  1. Irma, you daughter is going to have so many lovely memories later in life which you have so lovingly created for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are delightfl! I love your use of the tags and half & half die! What an adorable little one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful layouts! I love your style, Irma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun layouts!!!! Love how you used the half and half dies!! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...