Friday 25 May 2012

Papertrey May Blog Hop Challenge

For the first time, I am participating in Papertrey's blog hop challenge (and in any challenge for that matter).


It is a once a month event that allows crafters to share their creation based on an inspiration photo. And here is this month's inspiration photo.  When I saw it, it immediately reminded me that I have to get going on my father's day card.  The color scheme is perfect for a masculine card.


Here is the card I came up with.  I used the photo's color scheme and used PTI's Simply Chartreuse and Smokey Shadow (did not use black as I want it a little softer).  I also incorporated some circles and black and white pattern.  I used one  of my go-to stamp sets for masculine cards, PTI's Grunge Me.



While I had my supplies out, I also made a similar card for an uncle who will be celebrating his birthday soon.




Thanks for stopping by!  As you may have noticed, our blog is at its early stages.  I share this blog with 3 of my close friends who happen to be crafters as well (how cool is that?). We need to do some more housekeeping to get this up and running but I cannot pass up the chance to participate in this month's challenge. 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the Grunge Me stamps paired with the houndstooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! I follow your blog and I love your creations. I use your work as inspiration for my layouts :)

      Delete
  2. FUN card! LOVE those retro circles!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...