Tuesday 19 February 2013

card kits

We are back to regular programming after the many challenges over at the Papertrey Ink anniversary celebrations.  I did not win any prize from the daily random draws but I am happy that I was able to build up my stash of cards. I think I am set for most of the birthday cards I will be needing for the year!  Anyway, back to today's topic...

I have been seeing lots of bloggers come up with card kits to be given away as gifts or for sale.  I thought that for Valentine’s Day, I’d make one for the Craftmates.   I gave the kit to them when we got together for the Crop and Create event last weekend.  I thought that this might be a good fallback in case they are in need of something to work on during the crop. 

Here are the contents of the kit.  Each would make 3 sets of cards with matching envelope.


For the first card, I used Papertrey's With All My Heart set,  Limitless Layers: Heart die, kraft cardstock and some music sheet patterned paper from my stash.  I included this so they can create a handmade Valentine card for their hubbies.



For the next card, I used Papertrey's stamp (Sweet Life, Button Boutique), dies (Sweet Life, Button Card, Turning a New Leaf), fine linen cardstock and some October Afternoon patterned papers.


And for the last card, I used Papertrey's stamp (Rosie Posie and Everyday Classics), dies (Rosie Posie and double ended banner), aqua mist patterned paper and stamper's select white cardstock.  



Here is how I packaged them.  Remember those itty bitty valentine cards I shared here?  Well, I used them here to complete the gift.  I used the clear packaging Papertrey stamps usually come in with and covered up the label using the die from the Celebrations set, stamped with a sentiment from Signature Greetings (love this set and the sentiment is just perfect for my girls!)



I had a lot of fun putting together this kit.  For next time, I think I will include more random items so they can mix and match to their heart's content. I did not post photos of how the finished card would look like.  I am hoping one of the Craftmates will do  that and make me proud, ha! 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely kits! I'll bet your craftmates were really happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love all these card kits. What an awesome gift!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...