Thursday 7 February 2013

mim#103 - die cut double up and dynamic duo #38

Betsy Veldman over at Papertrey has a brand new Make It Monday challenge where we are to create a project using a die cut inside a die cut.  Cool, right? One of the things I love love love about Papertrey is their dies.  They make creating polished and professional-looking cards a breeze.  So I dug through my stash and decided to use the Celebrations set, one of my sets that had not seen ink for a while.  I paired up the frame die from that set with the oval from the Limitless Layers set.  Match made in die cut heaven!

Here is my card.



I used Papertrey stamp (celebration, polka dots), die (celebration, limitless layers:oval), cardstock (rustic cream, pure poppy and sweet blush ) and ink(pure poppy).  I also used my Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and some buttons and twine from my stash.

Here is a close up of the frame. I die cut my  frame in pure poppy and sweet blush cardstock.  Then I ran the red frame again through my Cuttlebug and die cut the oval to create an opening.


If you look closely, I did some tone-on-tone stamping with some polka dots on the side and the flourish on the top and bottom.  Makes it more interesting, in my opinion.  I then used pop tape to give it some dimension.

I also added a black button to create some balance against the strip of black paper under the sentiment.  Lately, I have been using  black on a lot of my projects.  For me, black helps ground things and bring everything together.  When I think my project is missing a little something something, my fallback is to always add black.  Problem solved!

I am also entering this card for this week’s Dynamic Duo challenge.  The colours this week are red and pink.  I hope you can see the sweet blush colour peeking from the back of my frame. 


By the way, Craftmates will be attending the Scrapbook & Cards Today’s Crop and Create event at Markham, Ontario this weekend.  


We will be there on both days and we are looking forward to tons of creating, chatting and dessert-eating.  Lots of top notch crafty teachers, fun challenges, fabulous loot bag and an amazing photo booth.  If you are attending, drop by to say hi!  The four of us will be there sporting our uber cool aprons. 

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable. ;-) I love the fun patterns and elements you used. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine hasn't seen much love either, thanks for the inspiration. So glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love the patterned paper and the die cut frame, that look fantastic together. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, although I am new to PTI, the few sets I have make making cards a breeze, yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the papers, and that fabulous Celebrations die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Great use of the button! The perfect finishing touch! Love the stamping on the focal die cut too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I love the addition of the button.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...