Wednesday, 20 March 2013

First Embroidery Project

For my very first embroidery project, I decided to embroider a tea towel. I made the tea towel from two muslin fabrics that I sewed together so that the back of my embroidery cannot be seen. In hindsight, I probably should have used a thicker fabric. I made the mistake of setting my iron in the highest setting and burned the muslin fabric. I was making this project at night (in our basement) so the lighting was not too good. After seeing my finished project in daylight, I was surprised to find the burned spot.


I used the pattern from the book - "Doodle Stitching" and added the little banner on top by drawing it myself. 

Here's the tea towel hanging in our kitchen. 
I placed a red ribbon in one of the corners to hang on a hook.
I only used the back stitch for this project. Maybe I'll be adventurous in my next one and try other stitches. 

Till next time!


  1. A very nice first effort, Virna! All of it will go down as a learning experience. I haven't done embroidery like this for a very long time. I do cross stitch now.

  2. Love it Virna ! and the colours you chose.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...