Sunday 31 March 2013

Easter Cookies

Not too long ago, I attended a buttercream cake decorating class on a whim.  I managed to get through the 4-weekend course but I wouldn't say I was at the top of the class.  2 years and $200-worth of supplies later, I made my first attempt to decorate with royal icing.  I thought why not give out home made cookies for Easter instead of my usual store-bought chocolate?  After all, how different is royal icing from buttercream anyway?  Surely after my class and investment on materials, I am fully-equipped for the challenge.  HUGE MISTAKE!


After 3 days of trial and error, I was able to come up with a batch of half-decent cookies.  For the base, I followed the recipe from allrecipes.com and I have to say, the sugar cookies are indeed one of the best I have tasted.  I also went through several youtube videos and found this tutorial on decorating with royal icing very easy to follow.


I bet you are now curious as to how the cookies turned out.  Here are Aimee's easter cookies.....(I hope my teacher is not reading this)



Have a Happy Easter Everyone from the Craftmates!

2 comments:

  1. The cookies are adorable ! Love them. Happy Easter Craftmates & families xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! Happy Easter to you ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...