Tuesday 9 July 2013

project life

Last weekend, Craftmates (sans Bebsy) crossed the border to do some shopping.  This is us taking a shopping break and having our lunch at our favourite Texas Roadhouse for some fall off the bone ribs (yum!)….


Anyhoo, our trips across the border are never complete without a visit  to Hobby Lobby (sadly, we do not have this in Canada).  And since I have been into documenting the everyday lately, I was very excited to find these there…

Here is an inside look of the kits. I got the Blush and Honey core kits...


and the Childhood and Holiday kits.
 
I do not plan to use these cards on traditional project life page protector sheets.  I don’t know about you but I feel a bit constricted when I have to put scrapbook elements on a certain spot (as in the case of the page protectors).  I’d like my layouts to have lots of white space. 
But I love the look of these journaling cards as they make putting together a page so much faster.  Plus it doesn’t hurt that they look so cute too.  I plan on using them on layouts like this…


With one photo, some journaling cards and a few die cuts, I am done.



I used Simple Stories’ journaling cards and patterned paper, Martha Stewart cardstock and a badge from October Afternoon.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, PL-- how fun!
    I love your layout!
    Can't wait to see what else you do with these kits!
    (& I wish we had Hobby Lobby in Canada!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...