Tuesday 4 February 2014

holiday concert



I love creating for the Christmas holidays.  That is why, I think I make way more layouts during that time of the year.  I have another one today for my DD’s holiday school concert.  For two years now, I look forward to these concerts.  It is always a joy to watch my DD and her classmates’ take on classic holiday songs and how they make them sound so adorable.  The school also gives character awards during that time and again, for two years now, my DD has gotten an award for exemplary demonstration of a certain character trait. Gotta love that!

Here is my layout…


 
I used Headline Alphabet dies from Papertrey, various patterned papers and cardstock from Papertrey and Echo Park and cardboard stickers from Simple Stories.  I also used my wide format printer to type out my journaling directly on to my page.  I love that I could do that to my 12 x 12 paper layout! I have not yet embraced digital scrapbooking but I have always admired being able to print across a 12 x 12 page.

I am linking this page to 2 challenges.  First is a sketch challenge over at Write Click Scrapbook here.  I love love Marnie’s style and almost completely CASE’d her layout.  I love the colours she used and the layout design was fabulous.   It was from a post she did way back in December but I have this on my inspiration file so I thought, it would be nice to link it there.

The other one is to Leigh Penner’s Pages with Papertrey challenge here which is to use three of something in your layout.  Here I used 3 photos from that day and 3 colors of cardstock for my title.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Very cute Irma. I love the headline dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those Headline Alpha dies from PTI, you always make the most wonderful titles for your pages! I love your layout, so fun and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...