Monday 1 April 2013

my birthday boi

My Portuguese husband was born and raised on a small island in the West Indies.  The Caribbean culture is very much part of our lives.  We dance to soca and chill out to reggae music.  We eat fried plantains, jerk chicken and stewed goat.  We have a need to visit the islands every year, submerge ourselves in the Carribean Sea and feel the heat of the Antilles on our Skin.

He recently celebrated his birthday, and although I usually do not make cakes for us both, I decided to surprise him with a special one not only to wish him a another year of bliss but also to celebrate his roots and culture.


I handpainted everything on the cake, using freestyle art with edible paint.











 Enjoy the week!  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!

Stay sweet,

Bebsy

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...