Saturday 22 September 2012

christmas is in the air

I see a lot of crafters posting Christmas card creations all year round.  I wish I have the same discipline so I don't feel stressed out later in the year.  I work on deadlines so holiday cards do not get started until after my DD's birthday on the second week of November.  But I do try to plan beforehand so when it is time to actually make them, I can make them assembly line style (just like how I do my layouts).

So to inspire you (and me!) to get into the holiday spirit, I am sharing today the cards I made last year.  Pardon the photos... they were taken before we even thought of starting a blog.  So there was no concept of staging whatsoever :)

I had 2 sets of cards made for mailing. Both are relatively flat, regular A2 in size and made with the new-to-me-then Wreath for All Seasons stamp set from Papertrey.  I love how easy it is to use this set and how elegant the finished product looks.  


I also used Papertrey cardstock, polka dot stamp, inks, Mat Stack 4 and double ended banner dies.  The embossing folder was Cuttlebug's Candy Cane Stripes.


Last year, I also made Papertrey calendars using patterned papers and my Zutter Bind It All.


And this was how I packaged them.  This was the CD version of the calendars.  I made the tags using my Cricut and embellished them with Papertrey's Holiday Tags, Postmarks, Limitless Layers Dies and some buttons and patterned paper strips.



And some simple thank you cards using Papertrey's Holiday Lights ...


Hope I inspired you to get started on that holiday list!  Enjoy the rest of  the weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Irma ... I am happy to say I was a receiver of one of your awesome cards from Virna after she had received her Secret Sister Gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, Irma! I just ordered Wreath for All Seasons and am looking forward to creating with it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...