Friday 28 September 2012

flashback friday: feb slice of life

I am back with another layout I created in the past. This is the second one I did for a monthly layout of our everyday life.  You can find the first one here  and I also shared the ones I did for May and June here and here

Here is my 2-page layout for February. I forgot how much I love the aqua / red colour combo until I saw this layout again.  Just feels so fresh but with the right amount of oomph.



 I used Papertrey stamp (botanical silhouettes, on my couch, calendar basics, polka dot basics) and ink (pure poppy).  I also used My Favorite Things' Pretty Pocket stamp and die, October Afternoon patterned paper, Martha Stewart cardstock and some Quickutz alpha die.

Again, I apologize for  the small journaling.  It basically talks about 1) Frances finally letting go of her beloved sheep, Babba, after years of sweet friendship (Babba is the fourth member of our little family), 2) me starting on a healthier diet as part of my Fit to Forty countdown this year, 3) library being our favourite place to hang out during winter, 4) getting ready to register for the spring programs, 5) getting hooked on The Voice (go Team Adam!) and 6) girls night out with The Vow (go Team Channing!).


February is also about 1) school registration, 2) getting ready for our citizenship exam, 3) newly discovered Thai restaurant we went to after ice skating lessons, 4) karahi chicken on my new favourite Afghan place, 5) getting into the princess bandwagon and 6) Friday evening family badminton game with  friends (again as part of my Fit to Forty journey). 



Looking at these pages makes me look forward to having more restful, cozy winter evenings where I can get to snuggle with the little one and do more crafts in between.  Is that weird that I am (sort of) excited about winter? :)


  

1 comment:

  1. Nice layout. Love how you stamped those flowers in the pocket. Your chair arrangement is super.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...