Wednesday 17 April 2013

diaper cake

Last weekend, we had a surprise baby shower for our friends who are having a baby girl this spring.   The mommy-to-be is especially fond of Disney princesses so we decided to give them a royal celebration.   I got  the tutorial for this no-roll diaper cake here. Most tutorials call for the diapers to be individually rolled up.  So glad I found this no-roll tutorial which was a huge time saver!

Here is my princess diaper cake.


Here's the top view of the cake where you can see the no-roll diapers inside.



To decorate it, I used some My Mind’s Eye patterned paper for wrapping the cake layers.  Then I used my Lil Inker’s bow die to embellish.  The banner is from MME and I used Papertrey’s Modern Alphabet die for their sweet baby’s name.  Of course, a princess cake will not be complete without feathers, tulle and a tiara!


I also baked some cupcakes  which I covered with pink cupcake sleeves I cut from my beloved (but often neglected) Cricut.    The “A Royal Celebration” sentiment is from My Cute Stamps’ Royal Celebration set.


This is how I displayed them at the dessert table...



And this is how they all look together...


Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful (and yummy) looking display. Your "diaper" cake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love your display and all the tulle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! It's adorable, I love the feathers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...