Thursday 25 April 2013

papertrey april blog hop



It's time for another blog hop again over at Papertrey Ink. 


This month is all about creating a project that features something tilted. Here is this month's inspiration photo.



I made 2 projects for this blog hop.  First up is a card made with my new Mini Blooms set.  I got this set last March but never really had the chance to play with it until now. I love the little blooms on this set and I used them to build my background.  Here is my card...



I used Papertrey's Stamper's Select white cardstock, Simple Stripes impression plate, journal tab die, Mega Mixed Messages for the sentiment and of course, Mini Blooms.

Here's a side view look of the card.  I first created my card panel and then later adhered it to the base using some foam adhesives.


For my next project, I created a layout.  I recently bought the SN@P collection from Simple Stories.  I decided that eventhough I am not making Project Life albums, I can still create layouts of our everyday.  This collection makes it so easy to put together a page so I may just create layouts for all of the little things we do daily, ha! 

Here is my tilted layout.  I am not a big fan of anything tilted (that's just how my brain works!) but I can say that I am happy with how this layout came out (still clean and fun which is what I am going for).



I used Papertrey dies (journal tab, fabulous frames, double ended banner), stamps (fabulous frames, little bitty bird for the "live simply. love much" sentiment- i love that!) and patterned paper (raspberry fizz and hawaiian shores bitty dots).  All the other elements are from Simple Stories. 

Here's a close up of my journaling...  I have recently grown fond of printing my journaling directly to a journaling tag.  I first printed it on a regular copy paper.  Then using a small piece of washi tape, I adhered my journaling tag on said copy paper (after eyeballing to my preferred spot where I want it printed) and ran it  through my printer again.  Makes it faster for me especially if I do not want to use my own handwriting.



Here's another close up...


Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping!

25 comments:

  1. What a great card and layout. And thanks for the tip on the journaling directly to tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way as you, Irma-- I like everything straight on my layouts. Your card and layout are both wonderful, though-- you totally rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irma love your card and layout. The tilted is amazing and you are brave to do it when it is out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was pattern paper from the thumbnail! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a beautiful wallpapers background from the mini blooms. Lovely on the striped white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of them! You oage is tilted but still has a linear look with all of your elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layering on the card and the page layout is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO in love with your tilted layout, Irma!! It worked out really well for this challenge!! The banners behind your "today" letters are inspired : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tilted band of mini bloom flowers. And, your layout is darling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your layout and the card has such a clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card, and the layout is so awesome! Especially the cutie pie in the pictures!
    Hugs ~ Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous projects! Love the CAS card and fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the layout great job and adorable photos! Your card is perfection ! Very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both your card and layout are fabulous Irma. Your Mini Blooms panel is just so striking on the yellow background. You and Leigh need to get together - you both had similar submissions for today's hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous scrapbook page! I love the way you've combined some of my favorite PTI products with another favorite---Simple Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tilted creations! Loved the contrast striped impression plate with the diagonal flowered panel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card and scrapbook page.
    You did a great job building that background on the card.
    Cute pics of your daughter. Love those banners.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! Your card and layout are absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow these are fabulous! I am in love with that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for you for stepping out your comfort zone! These are fantastic, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card, Irma. I really like how you created the patterned paper. The layout and photo are beautiful and the printing onto the tag is a fab idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are both great ~ I especially like the card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the slanted background with the striped impression plate on the card, and the layout is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both projects are awesome, Irma! The fotos in your layout are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...