Tuesday 25 March 2014

march papertrey blog hop - high gloss





 
It’s that time of the month again…. Papertrey’s Blog Hop!



This time, the challenge is to incorporate anything shiny or high gloss in our paper crafting project.  I was a bit stumped at first since I am not really a “technique” kind of crafter.  All I want is to create clean, simple and pretty projects in as little time as possible.  But thanks to Maile’s inspiration here, I realized I can simply use my glossy accents to create a shiny embellishment.  Here is the photo inspiration for this month…




 And here is my card…





There were 4 things I realized while making this card (which was totally inspired by Dawn’s card here)

-  Leave It Be is a gorgeous and versatile set.  This is the leaf set I have been waiting for!

-  It is my first time trying Fine Linen ink and I love it!  It is a lighter version of kraft and perfect for the non-green leaves I tend to gravitate to.

-  I love open square frames.  They add interest while still leaving a lot of white space.

-  I am okay with CASE-ing or being inspired by other people’s work.  I only have a few hours a week to get crafty so I want to actually spend them creating something rather than being bogged down with coming up with something really original which I may not like in the end.  I prefer to know how my finished work would more or less look like when I’m done.  For me, that is time well spent. 



I used Papertrey’s Leave It Be and Mum’s The Word stamp and die, Slide Frame die, a sentiment from one of the Fillable Frames sets, Hawaiian Shores cardstock and patterned paper and  inks (fine linen, dark chocolate and berry sorbet).



Here is a close up of my glossy frame (tried my best to capture it in the photo). 






I really like how this card turned out.  That card by Dawn was one of the reasons I bought the slide frame die and Leave It Be set.  I cannot wait to try the same design with the other floral sets I have.



Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping!


35 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I added gloss to my slide frame, too! :)
    I love how you layered the leaves & flowers on the frame, Irma -- your card looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this leaf set now! Oh my gosh I love the stamps and dies you used together and the non green leaves ….. love them! Beautiful card Irma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card! These leaves are the best - have to check them out - wonderful colors used on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the casing Irma! There is so much talent out there, take inspiration wherever you can! Love your card. Mums the Word is one of my all time favorites, and now I need Leave it Be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO PRETTY with this color combo and shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I love it!! I need that leaf set too!! it needs to hurry and get back in stock!:) I love your use of the mum too...I need that set too!! Perfect job on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irma, I always love your style - beautiful, clean lines and always a great combination of color.This turned out just great - love your glossy frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flower and leaves look so pretty together, and I love how you set them off with the glossy frame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving Leave it Be too - love your color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful- beautiful glossy frame, and great color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card. Love that glossy frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful color choices, Irma. Your use of white space is adds perfect balance to the card. I need to learn how to use it since white space always draws me in. And I'm with you in getting inspiration from others. Why start from ground zero when others can give a much better starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, this is stunning! Love the colors and that glossy frame!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous job you did combining those stamp sets. You make it look like they are made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Love your color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card Irma! The mum is perfect (gotta get the dies for that set now!) and the glossy frame is so great. Like your color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! I love the frame on here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I might have to try the Fine Linen ink. And I agree with CASEing--sometimes it is just good time management!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your glossy frame! I may Case you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. BEAUTIFUL card!! LOVE the colors you used!!!
    Happy Hopping!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous! I love the Slide frame and need to add those leaves to my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! love the glossy frame.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Irma, Fabulous card! I too have realized the versatility of the Leave it Be leaves. They truly do work with just about everything. I really like how you used the slide frame, and may need to seriously re-look at this stamp and die.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like the leaves in the fine linen Irma. You have inspired me to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful card! I love the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card!! love the colors that you chose and the glossy frame!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, Irma! I love (and want) all of the stamps and dies you used to create this stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that you didn't use green for your leaves! Your card is so beautiful I think I may have to order Leave It Be sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Irma I love your card, Mums the Word is such a fabulous flower and i see that we used the same sentiment on our cards!! I really need to get Leave it Be! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very very pretty! Love the glossy frame!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm sorry I'm so late getting around the hop, Irma. Your glossy frame is the perfect accent for that stunning floral arrangement and the colors are magnificent!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so amazing and the shine on your frame is so amazing! Can't wait to give this a try. Fabulous card Irma.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...