Sunday 20 January 2013

Beaded Cuff

A friend gave me a cuff bracelet from her trip to the Philippines.   It was a gorgeous piece that for months, I thought of re-creating it.  Finally, I decided I'd reverse engineer how it was made.  I also got great tips online from fellow beaders.
 
I used 2 types of wire of different thickness and my pliers (one for bending and one for cutting) for the cuff frame.


I formed the thicker wire to a rectangular shape.


I formed the wire into a semi circle and wrapped the entire frame with the thinner wire.  This process took me an entire episode of "Modern Family" and "Suburgatory".



The fun part is in choosing the beads to use.  For this project, I decided to use mostly yellow beads.



 I strung the beads around the cuff frame using the thinner wire.



And finally, the finished cuff bracelet!




Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...