Thursday 10 January 2013

PWP #17 - holiday concert


Here is a layout of the holiday concert we attended at my DD’s school last December.  It was a first for us and we thoroughly enjoyed each of the performances, esp the kindergarten’s.  Character awards were also given that day and my little Frances was given one for Courage. 

I am also entering this in Leigh Penner's Pages with Papertrey challenge.  The challenge is to use any of the Make It Monday techniques.  And for this one, I chose stamping on a patterned paper. (It is a very tiny stamp (2012) but hope it still qualifies :)).



I actually CASE’d this layout from here.  I chanced upon it as I was web surfing one day and really loved the clean but fun look of it. 

I used Papertrey’s modern alphabet dies, Countdown Details stamp, ink (new leaf and pure poppy), twine and a dark chocolate button.  I also used My Mind’s Eye’s 12 Days of Christmas patterned paper, Bazzill cardstock and an arrow punch I have on my stash for forever (useful for ID'ing someone in a crowd!).


I just handcut the pennants and mat them against a brown cardstock...




I love these little banners from Countdown Details. This is my first time using them on a Christmas application.   I used them before countless times for other things like little flags you put on straws for drinks.



Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. Oooh, lovely layout, Irma! I love that patterned paper banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout, Irma! Love the banners and the design of the whole page. Beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...