Monday 21 January 2013

dynamic duo #36- red and black




I recently discovered the Dynamic Duo blog which is a two-colour challenge blog. Each week, there are two colours for us to use to create a card, scrapbook page, craft or digital project.  Only the two colours, otherwise known as the "Dynamic Duo", may be used for the project. Neutrals such as black, white, vanilla, skin colours and kraft are also welcome.   

I find these challenges helpful as a jump off point and they make completing projects (esp cards) go a lot faster. If you are like me, deciding which colours to use is not always an easy exercise.  So this certainly helps take the guess work out of the equation.


This week’s Dynamic Duo is black and red, with bonus for projects with a Valentine theme.  I decided to use this challenge to make a Valentine card for my DD’s teacher.  Since I plan to include this to a set of handmade cards, I wanted it to be smaller than a normal A2 card.  Here is the 4x4 square card I made.


I used Papertrey’s With All My Heart set and the Limitless Layers Heart die (how cute is that heart border!).  I also used Papertrey ink (pure poppy and smokey shadow), cardstock (pure poppy and stamper’s white) and some Smash washi tape.


Here are the cards I made for this special teacher using the Happy Trails set…


They come with matching envelopes.


And I packaged it like this.


Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. I like the way you colored the leaves on the flowers black...it's so striking! The polka dot tape is terrific too! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irma you never cease to disappoint with your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That heart focal image is stunning! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Irma! Love the black & red combo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...