Monday 25 June 2012

papertrey's june blog hop challenge

It's that time of the month again!  Papertrey's Blog Hop  Challenge ... a day dedicated for PTI-loving addicts crafters to share their works of art through their personal blogs based on an inspiration photo.  And this month's inspiration is a fun take on florals, ruffles and pleats.  Look at those colours... so perfect for summer!



Here is what I came up with. When I saw the inspiration photo, I immediately thought of my yoyo maker which I got from here.  I became addicted to these babies last year after seeing it from Michelle Wooderson's blog.  I used it for projects for my DD's third birthday last year (scroll down to the end for some pictures). Then I added some paper pleating... something that I have been wanting to try.


I used Papertrey's cardstock (vintage cream), stamp (Birthday Basics.. I love that set!), dies (turning a new leaf, doily details) and button.  I also used patterned papers from Echo Park (Victoria Gardens collection) and Pebbles.

Here is another shot which gives you a better view of the pleats.


Finally, here are some fun ways I have used the yoyo makers before.  Sassy sewer, Virns, helped me put together the handmade bags to which I attached the yoyo flower pins. 


And here they are as cute little clips packaged using Papertrey's Button Boutique collection.  Can you tell that she had an oh-so-pink party?  More about that party at a future post.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week ahead!


15 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Love the paper pleating. Lokking forward to your post about the pink party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card and the pleating works so well. I've not seen yoyos before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and projects. I love yoyo's but have never tried to make one. Love the pink Irma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those yo-yo's are the best! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card with the Yo-Yo flower! Those do add a nice touch to both a card and also your bags...great pics of the party, can hardly wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, those yo-yos are so cool! I love your mix of patterns on your card, Irma-- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Love the "yo-yos"! Need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and wonderful pleating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just too cute...wow you really jumped in with both feet! Love the yo-yo's and your pleating looks just so perfect. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, fun card! Love the yo-yo standing in for a real pillow! and the pleats are so perfectly even. Great job. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card. I have never heard about fabric yoyo's, but now I think I want to make some. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, what awesome yo-yos you have made! It works out perfectly on the card, along with that ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVE YO YO's... This is so cute!!!!!! Just love it...
    Thank you for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY!!!

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is adorable! Love yo yo's! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are some of my favorite things to inspire projects!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you are having a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...