Tuesday 7 August 2012

easy breezy

Polaroid cameras are all the rage in the crafting world lately.  As I was browsing through other blogs, I came across a layout that used a patterned paper with a polaroid camera image (sorry, I couldn't find the link now).  I recall having that same paper in my stash so I went ahead and CASE'd it. 

This was taken during my DH's birthday weekend at Fort Erie.  I printed 1" x 1" solo shots of Frances during that day and sticked them in the photo frames.  Then I added the hand cut pennants from the same collection so they pretty much coordinated instantly. For the journalling, I tried a technique I learned online.  I do not own a 12x12 printer but I always love the look of journalling that seems printed on a 12 x 12 paper.  The trick is to use an 8.5 x 12 inch cardstock and print in landscape format.  I trimmed the 8.5 inch side afterwards to fit into my design. I just used a strip of red paper to cover the seam. This layout came together very quickly and I am quite pleased with how it turned out.



I used patterned paper from Echo Park's Playground collection,  "easy breezy" sticker from Simple Stories and die from Papertrey (edger #5).

Here is a close up of the photos and journalling.



Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Irma, thanks for sharing your tip on printing. I must try this out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...