I came across this funny yet insightful list a friend posted yesterday on Facebook, and I thought I'd share it with you. It may prove to be useful as you start this stressful week...
Everything I learned in life I learned from Noah's Ark:
1. Don't miss the boat.
2. Remember, we are all in the same boat.
3. Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
4. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
5. Don't listen to critics. Just get on with the job that needs to be done.
6. Build your future on high ground.
7. For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
8. Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
9.When stressed, float for a while.
10. Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs. The Titanic, by professionals.
11.No matter the storm, when you are with God, there is always a rainbow waiting.
On that note, here is a special baptism cake I made for little Simon which features a Noah's Ark topper. It is one of my favourite cakes I've done, and the very first time I created an edible ark with edible animals in pairs.
The top and bottom tiers are made of Lemon Cake with Lemon Curd Buttercream, and the middle tier is Strawberry Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Mousse Filling, which was an experiment that turned into a bestseller.
Have a sweet week!