Sunday 1 July 2012

boy cards

I don't know about you but I always find it challenging to make masculine cards.  I guess it is because it means that I have to restrain myself from using floral images and feminine colours.  But sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do.

This month, there are 2 special males who are celebrating their birthdays.  One is 3 and the other one is 43 (I am not exactly sure about the last one... I just need something to go with 3 :) ).

I thought that cars and bikes would make perfect masculine cards.  So here's what I came up with.

For the little boy, I made him a bicycle card.  I always try to incorporate the current season in my cards.  And for boys (small and big alike), I know that summer means getting on the road with their bikes.


I used Market Street Stamp's Riding By set.  How cute is that little doggie!

And here is what's inside...I used PTI's 2012 Birthday Tags.


For the not-so-little boy, here is my card (and envelope) for him.  Papertrey's Enjoy the Ride set is one of my go-to sets for masculine cards.  I love how easy it is to line up the stamp with the die cut car.  I also love love love PTI's envelope liner die. Makes for an easy but professional looking card.


I used pop dots to adhere my car to the card base


2 comments:

  1. These are both great. I especially like the Enjoy the Ride card. That is one of my favorite sets, and I am always looking for new ways to use it. I agree that it is particularly easy to line up with the die cut. Cute idea to use that squiggle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...