Thursday 19 July 2012

pages with papertrey sketch #8



I am back with another layout which I am entering in Leigh Penner's Pages with Papertrey.  This time, it is a sketch challenge.   I love structured / blocked sketches. It allows me to put in more photos or several patterned papers. For my layout today, I chose photos from my recent milestone birthday. 



Here is what I came up with.  We had a bowling night out with friends on my birthday weekend. It was my DD's first time to actually do bowling (well, with the help of a ramp to keep the ball straight).  Then on my actual birthday, I had dinner with DH and DD.


I used Papertrey's stamps (Stitches and  Swirls, Tiny Tags, Fresh Alphabet) and die (Tiny Tags).  I also used alpha dies from Quickutz, Build a Banner die from My Creative Time and patterned papers from MME and Crate.

Some close ups...  Can you see Stitches and Swirls on the background? It was inked up using PTI's Fine Linen.




Then on the weekend following my birthday, we had the Craftmates photo shoot which I posted here.  Here are some family photos from that day.


My DD blowing my birthday candles

For this layout, I used Papertrey dies (heart border, love lives here and beautiful blooms), October Afternoon patterned paper, SU brad and SP & Company's Stitchery Doo Stamp.  I have always wanted to do some stitching on my layout.  But I am unsuccessful most of  the time and end up re-doing the page.  So this is the perfect solution for me... have the look of stitching without the hassle of actually using my sewing machine :) You will see more of this stitching in the future.




2 comments:

  1. Well done! Love the colors, and I love how what you did with the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irma, I love both of your layouts! I love how you adapted the sketch to suit your photos and placed the title over Stitches and Swirls (I made a layout earlier this week for a future PWP and did exactly that!) And your second layout is fabulous, too! I'm turning 40 next month, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...