Wednesday 4 July 2012

pages with papertrey challenge #4

I am back with another layout which I made for Leigh Penner's Pages with Papertrey.  This time, the challenge is to create a layout in less than 30 minutes. 

I usually make my layouts in batches, assembly line style.  I typically work on 3 to 5 layouts at a time where I start with having my photos printed.  Then I sketch out and put together the general layout for my photos, taking into account where I want to put my title, journaling and embellishments.  At that point, I only have my cardstock, cutter and ATG gun (adhesive) out on my craft table.  Once I have my photos in place, I create all my little embellishments which I call my fun elements.  That is when I put my Cuttlebug die cutting machine, stamps and stickers out.  After that comes my title (which I either die cut or put together using sticker alphas). At that point, my glue pen and tweezer are out. The last step is to print out and adhere my journaling (I seldom handwrite my journalling because I feel like computer-generated ones look more polished, something that I want to change as I want to incorporate my handwriting more in my future layouts).  This whole process is mostly done at night and usually takes me a whole week.  Weekends are usually for photographing the finished product. 

So having to finish a layout in 30 minutes is something new to me.  To help me out a bit, I did some prework and CASE'd a  layout I saw online.  Once I knew the general direction I am heading, the rest happened smoothly.

Here is what I came up with...  I used to scrapbook only special events / holidays and trips that we take.  But lately, I am inspired to scrapbook our everyday moments such as this one by our backyard... 

I am loving having lots of white space on my layout.  Will try to do this more often
I used Papertrey stamp (happy trails, butterfly dreams) and die (butterfly dreams).  I also used DCVW cardstock and Quickutz alpha die.  

Here is a close up of the journaling.



And the butterflies...


Don't you just love those butterfly trails?

 Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a completely different process than me, Irma! I have to start a layout and finish it completely before I can start something else.
    I love making "everyday moment" type layouts and yours is fantastic! I love the Happy Trails loops you included! Oh, and I have those alphabet dies, too....
    Thanks for playing along with my challenges.... I love seeing your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely: beautiful and simple and didn't need more than 30 minutes to be perfect! My little boy has a playhouse like that and loves playing peek-a-boo with the shutters. I love recording the beautiful everyday moments too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girls, I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award, you may see all details over on my blog. Always look forward to your colourful creative posts! "Just Me"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...